Community Resource Providers

There are many outside agencies that work with HCPS as a team to make sure your child is getting all the services they deserve during and after high school. During high school, all students are entitled to services that meet their individual needs. After high school, students then need to apply to outside agencies in order to see if they are eligible to receive services.

This is why it is so very important to be a part of the team when it comes to your child’s transition. If you receive an application for an outside agency such as DORS or DDA, please make sure you fill it out and return it to the case manager as soon as possible. Due to financial holds, there is a waiting list to receive services from agencies, and it also depends on your birth date and/or the year you graduate. So, the sooner you get the application in, the sooner we can make plans for our students! If you need any assistance with filling out the applications, please do not hesitate to ask! I would be glad to offer assistance with whatever you need.

If an agency calls you, Don’t Be Alarmed! Like I said, we are all working together to make sure that each of our students has the skills and the services they need to be successfull in their post-secondary lives! Check out the links to each agency. Included you will find some basic information and a link to each of the agencies’ websites. If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact me!

Division Of Rehabilitation Services

Developmental Disabilities Administration

The IMAGE Center

Transitioning Youth Council

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s